The roof tends to be a forgotten area of design in many Chicago businesses. Instead of merely focusing on the interior design, it’s important to also consider the exterior of the commercial building. Specifically, the proper type of roofing system installation and all options available need to be discussed so that the most convenient selection can be made.
All About Flat Roofs
Flat roof is the most common type of commercial building roof in Chicago. The following primary five reasons outline why a flat roof is and remains an excellent choice for your building:
1. Due to safety and the flat roofs significantly lower risk of slip and fall injuries it is an advantage over a slanted or sloping roof. It’s more accessible because it does not have a steep slope so accidents are less likely to occur.
2. Businesses can feel pleased with giving their employees a proper space for their breaks and lunches, which can provide an open outdoor space around the building to protect from such weather elements such as heat and rain.
3. Contrary to its name, a “flat” roofing system is not completely flat like it implies. They do have a virtually undetectable, nearly unnoticeable slope with the purpose of preventing leaks within the building by draining water off of the roof that accumulates during heavy rain or snowfall that Chicago is characterized by.
4. Flat roofs save space and cause less wasted space unlike sloping roofs which utilize wooden beams formed to shape the roof, but it creates unusable space with limited use. Whereas, flat roofs help to maximize the total area in the building’s interior.
5. Affordability is an important factor of flat roofing systems and why they remain so popular. Flat commercial roofs utilize less raw material, takes less time to construct and are physically less demanding in the nature of its installation so this brings cost savings in both labor and supplies.
Important Steps towards Upkeep of Your Flat Roofing System
Once the proper roofing system for your commercial building has been selected and installed, it’s imperative you know what to do next for it to continue to function efficiently for many years. The best decision you can make is to trust a qualified Chicago roofing company who knows the importance that a professional offer regular maintenance crucial for preserving the roof’s original structure and quality durability.
Keeping a regular maintenance schedule helps to keep operational costs low and should include debris removal, as well as gutter and downspout cleaning as recommendations. Additionally, damage inspection when performed should consist of the roof and flashing, and any repairs or upgrades should be handled on-time.
Here We Offer Professional Commercial Roofing Services in Chicago
All Roofs Inc. has offered the Chicago area complete solutions for all roofing & Tuckpointing services for your flat roofing system, including installation, maintenance, and repair services. You can continue to trust in our company who as dedicated almost 50 years of providing excellent quality and reliable results that are long-lasting.